Sports Medicine doctors are primary care physicians who treat injuries to the body's joints, muscles or bones. They are trained to diagnose a wide variety of sports-related injuries and make treatment and recovery recommendations.
Sports Medicine doctors often work with physical therapists to create a rehabilitation plan or with athletic trainers to develop an exercise regimen. Sports Medicine doctors do not operate on athletes but can expedite referral to a surgeon when surgery is required.
At Concussion North, our Sports Medicine physician provides the following:
- Diagnosis of sports and exercise-related injuries;
- Sport-specific treatment and recovery programs;
- Recommend and arrange for additional investigational tests (i.e. X-Ray, MRI, ultrasound);
- Perform injury-related procedures (i.e. joint and soft tissue injections); and
- Provide referrals to other physician specialists as required.
You can learn more about Shannon, the Sports Medicine physician at Concussion North by clicking here.
Click here to return to the Services menu.